Carl and Connor’s father is dealing with Dementia, but there is no longer a bed for him at the hospital. What will they do now?
Read more about the episode in this interview with Writer Bradd Bowden and Director Josh Feinman.
Resources for people who are dealing with a family member with Dementia
Care, housing, medical expenses, money… there are many elements to worry about when a family member is ill with Dementia. Luckily there are resources that can help you take care of the basics, so you can focus on the important stuff – spending all the time you have left with your relative.
Eldercare Locator is a site that helps you find local senior services like short- or long-term care, financial resources, in-home service providers, food and nutrition programs, and more. You can also call 1.800.677.1116 and Eldercare will connect you to your local Area Agency on Aging.
- Getting yourself organized
- Making your home safe if you’re a home caregiver
- Applying for Social Security benefits
- Cutting down on prescription costs
- Knowing the difference between Medicaid and Medicare
- Financing eldercare
- Financial and legal advice
- Paying for medicine and food
- Help with medical expenses
- More information on Medicare
- Reaching out to the community
- Identifying the need for end-of-life care